Friday, April 22, 2011

Sitting and Spinning

After years of choosing Ironman Wisconsin over the Wisconsin Sheep and Wool Festival, (always the same weekend) I registered for a beginning spinning class. On the day of the class (and the race) I drove out of town via John Nolan Drive and saw the triathletes in the lake as the morning sky lightened.
The Sheep and Wool Festival was everything it was cracked up to be and more: two barns full of fiber vendors, working sheep dog competition and a quintessentially gorgeous fall Wisconsin day.
 THe class, taught by Deb Jones, was terrific and I left Jefferson, Wisc., with visions of handspun spinning in my head.
As I drove into Madison along John Nolan Drive, I shared the road with Ironman cyclists coming off the bike course and headed to the marathon course.

No comments:

Post a Comment