Friday, July 8, 2011

Nordic neon

Cascade 220 sport+ Jacquard acid dyes.
I am getting much more excited about my second hand-painted skein now that I am working with it. I was working with pure, saturated colors and long repeats, and, well, that's what I got. It's a bit much. But when I add another over the top color, it seems to work.  I wrapped the hank around two stakes placed 10 feet apart ot give me the long repeats. I think that means I walked 220 yards in a circle. So if I did that with eight skeins, I'd have about a mile!

The other color is also Cascade 220 sport, part of the bunch of colors I ordered immediately upon hearing that Cascade had come out with a sport weight.

Part of  a sock.





I am making a sock ( and plan to make another to complete the pair) using #4 needles except I used 3s on the heel flap and will also use 3s on the toe. The rib is a typical fair isle 2x2 with the solid pink on the purls. I think I am going to put a snowflake on the instep. I am very pleased with these socks so far and will probably finish them quickly. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment